Children's Advil

Children’s Advil

Some medication are banned in Japan. For example, Ibuprofen (Advil) is not allowed for children/infants as an OTC drug.

If you are currently on a prescription, make sure to check with your travel agent. Some will require supporting documents from your doctor, and some will be outright illegal. Don’t make the mistake of taking an illegal drug to Japan, even it it has been legally prescribed in your country. They will be taken away from you, and worst case, you will be arrested for drug smuggling.

The rule of thumb is that you can bring one month’s supply of your prescription medicine without much hassle. If you need more than a month’s worth, you will need to obtain an official customs document called “Yakkan Shoumei (薬監証明)” prior to entry.